Jungle Indie Rock is an independent music blog specialized in new, emerging and under the radar bands. Founded in 2010, in our blog you will find articles, daily tumblr posts, videos, playlists, and above all, the promotion of new bands in a friendly context.
Jungle Indie Rock is based in Spain+UK, and has collaborators in the USA and Australia. In May 2015, we founded the music charity, The Jungle Project.
Bands, labels, agencies, publicists: Send us your music
Mar – Spain: Co-Founder, editor-in-chief, project manager, webmaster.
About: Zoologist, journalist student, and music lover. Mar started in music at age 12, learning piano and music theory. In 2010, she co-founded a music site with a couple of friends. That music site is now Jungle Indie Rock and the music charity, The Jungle Project.
John – England: Co-Founder, CEO, Tumblr, The Time Machine.
About: Rebjukebox (John) is a punk and extreme bands lover. Collaborating and advicing to many music sites for years, Rebjulebox has been a pioneer of music blogs at Tumblr. He is the co-founder of Jungle Indie Rock, and the man behind our site’s culture.
Berni – Spain: Producer, The Jungle Session, The Jungle Project.
About: Bernardo Calvo “Berni”, is a producer and audio engineer from Madrid. Owner of the recording studio, Studio B, Berni has recorded/produced the music of many artists of the Spanish indie scene, as Virginia Maestro, Juventud Juché, Cosmen Adelaida, Tigres Leones,…
David – Spain: Collaborator, Jungle Spain.
About: A live music lover. We met David at all the interesting gigs in Madrid. Always supporting live music and small venues, David is covering new and under the radar bands for Jungle Spain, listening new works, attending rare gigs and writing about his discoveries.
Molly – USA: Collaborator, concert reviews.
About: Molly is our US collaborator and the person in charge of the big bands, venues and festivals. With a very charming and fresh style, Molly is our eyes in the crowd, bringing you the exact perspective of a music fan.
Jaime – Spain: Collaborator, Indiepedia, The Jungle Project.
About: Former Fundéu collabobrator, Jaime is developing a new project for Jungle Indie Rock, “Indiepedia”. Studing different terms of the music industry and their translation into Spanish, Indiepedia will be a useful tool for music writers and bloggers.
- Ash (Next Tone, Australia)
- Matt (That Song You Wish You Found, USA)
- Ben (Dream Folk, USA)
- Roger (91.1 WDUB, USA)
- Jordan Ellis (Jordan Ellis, USA)
- Thomas (Noised, France)
- Dao (Mi Rollo es el Indie, Spain)
- daKradha (That Unknown Austrian Guy, Austria)
- Nick H (Late Arrivals Club, England)
- Clara Debalia (Stars Are Shining Bright, France)
- Upsidedown81 (Upsidedown81, Spain)
- DIF1960 (Nick, Sweden)
University of Alcalá: Collaboration agreement for the development of educational cooperation programs.
Tumblr: Our blog is featured in the music section of Tumblr and we form part of the editors panel that select the best of music in Tumblr every year. Jungle Indie Rock was one of the official Music Tag Editors for Tumblr, a list of music editors that included important magazines like Pitchfork, NME, Billboard, The Guardian, Rolling Stone, Filter, etc.
- Factoría Cultural. Matadero, Madrid: Residency scholarship, Oct 2015-Jan 2016.
- Verkami: Crowdfunding consulting scholarship, Oct 2015-Jan 2016.
- Fresh On the Net: Mar was part of Fresh On The Net, Tom Robinson’s blog (BBC 6 Music). June 2012 – December 2013.
- Nos Gusta La Música: Mar collaborated at the Spanish webzine Nos Gusta La Música. January 2012 – December 2013.
Head and logo credits
Monsteck Variketch, The Invasion by João Filipe Cunha: Our head and logotype was created by João Filipe Cunha. The monster family names, from left to right are: Vermistech, Vaitistech, Bilistech, Piriastitech and Kapastech.
Following copyright instructions, we are giving a list of the alterations below:
– Head: Buildings replaced by a black backgroung.
– Logotype: Background replaced by black colour. Resolution improved.
– Individual logotypes: Individual vectors over black background. Resolution improved.
– Kapastech: We added a base on the individual vector logotype over black background, to compensate its weigh to the right.
– A new moster added: Mollyteck was added to complete our staff members, based on the original style of the designer.